Thursday, June 20, 2013

I am not alone!!


Pregnancy: Week 5, entry 1

 

       Technically I am around 4-5 weeks pregnant, but for the sake of the blog, it’s week 5, entry 1.

       Before I get into all the latest news, I wanted to clear something up about last week’s blog. I mentioned last week that my son-from-another-mother stayed with me and helped care for me after the last procedure. I meant my good friend Charity’s son whom I love like my own. As many of you know, I have two children that I have adopted. I would never ever refer to them as children-from-another-mother. They are my children, I am their mother, and I would never distinguish between a child I birthed or did not. Any child I am mother to is my child no matter how God brings them to me!

       Moving on to more exciting things!! I am pregnant!

I continue my progesterone shots for the first three months of pregnancy, and continue my patches for a few weeks. The progesterone shots are a real nuisance but very necessary. Since I didn’t drop an egg like a regular pregnancy would, my body won’t produce progesterone on its own until my placenta is thick enough to take over. The shots themselves suck!!! The needle is the biggest there is; one and a half inches, the oil is knotting up my butt, and at least once or twice per week Eric can’t give me my shot so it’s a scramble to find a replacement. Luckily, a gal I know just became a nurse, and kindly offered to fill in anytime I needed her. Every need I have, God provides! I was double lucky because her mother is a seasoned nurse and suggested I ask my doctor if I could do some of the shots in my thighs to give my butt a rest. To be honest with you, I didn’t know how I was going to survive three more months of these shots in my butt. I don’t have very much room back there and I’m finding it quite painful. So, I took her advice, and asked my doctor’s office about the shots in my thighs. She said yes! I was so relieved. Eric and I have done the last two shots in either thigh and it is awesome. One went off without a hitch, but I wanted to learn on the second one, and that was no good. This morning my thigh is pretty sore, but still way better than my hinny.

       My plan all along with this blog was to transition into pregnancy and eventually motherhood. So, from now on, my pictures and weekly inserts will be all about my ever growing belly and baby. This has already been quite a journey, and it has only just begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment