Friday, June 14, 2013

The Final Count Down


IVF: Week 5

 

      The final days are here. Luckily, this past week has been very busy and has kept me occupied. The kids had their last day of school yesterday, my daughter graduated from the 6th grade (whatever that means), we had our end of the year party at Wednesday night church with our class, I’ve been baking, cleaning, and groaning about my ever hurting pooper. My mind has been busy, which is a great blessing from the Lord. I haven’t had much time to think about what is to come tomorrow.

      The best, and worst, distraction of them all has been the daily shots in my butt. The oil is knotting up my rear and causing me significant pain and discomfort. I massage it, I heat it, I walk up and down and up and down the stairs to work it in, I moan, I groan, I do everything but throw myself on the floor and kick my feet. It started getting bad around Sunday. None of my shots have really hurt other than the prick of the needle and occasional burning, but now this shot is hurting during the injection as well. The worst of it was Wednesday night. It caused my cheek to develop a huge, painful, lump, that now prevents me from having any more shots on that side of my butt. So now, the other side of my butt is taking all of the all the shots and lumps and pain.

      Tomorrow we find out if it was all worth it. The beauty of tomorrow is that I will either be pregnant and continue my shots, or I won’t be, and I get to live a normal life again. Either way, it is in the hands of the Lord, and I trust in Him. This has been a daunting process and I am eager for it to end. I am tired of the pain, the toll this has taken on my body, the lack of exercise, difficulty sleeping, the bloating, and mostly the emotional toll. In the end, whether or not I receive a child from this process, I’m glad I went through it. I’ve learned much about my life, my friends, and the path I want to take in the future.

      Tomorrow is the big day. The finish line will be crossed, or a new marathon will begin. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment